You have no items in your shopping cart.
This artwork by renowned historical artist Mort Künstler depicts General Robert E. Lee as he takes command of the Army. Mort Künstler writes, “One of the decisive moments of the Civil War occurred in a single conversation between General Robert E. Lee and Confederate President Jefferson Davis. It was the moment that Davis asked Lee to take command of what would become the Army of Northern Virginia. From that moment onward, Robert E. Lee would display the greatness of leadership and character that made him America’s most beloved general. Oddly, no major work of art has ever depicted this crucial moment in the War Between the States. I wanted to paint it for a long time. For ten years, I gathered research here and there, and thought about composition. Now it’s a painting." For more, continue reading on the Mort Künstler website.
- Reproduction technique: Fine offset lithography on neutral pH archival quality paper using the finest fade-resistant inks.
- Numbered and Signed, Edition Size: 950
- Certificate of authenticity included
- Image Size: 16” x 29-1/4”
- Overall Size: 22” x 34-1/4”